Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL46HX853 no audio output?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Lee...
Visitor

Sony KDL46HX853 no audio output?

I purchased a Sony KDL46HX853 tv yesterday and I am unable to get sound through my surround sound system. I do not have optical cables and have tried to connect via the red and white audio cables with no joy. The sound settings have been changed to audio out and fixed. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the optical cable would be the best route to take if your surround system can take optical connection, they are inexpensive to purchase, you do well to remember that very few broadcasts will be in surround so the best you can hope for is better two channel audio.

sony-cat

Tried something similar with my KDL40HX723.  I put it through my hifi using the red and white phono connectors, but I couldn't get any sound out either.  Hifi doesn't have optical, so that isn't an option.  Had a fiddle with all the sound settings I could find but didn't make any difference.  Did you ever find a way round it or did you just start using optical?

Message was edited by: sony-cat

profile.country.GB.title
godders1956
New

I have bought a KDL 43W F663 which has the same problem - no audio output from the two phono sockets. I checked my other older SONY Bravia tv with the new amp I bought to listen thru speakers and it works fine. The amp doesn't have an optical audio connection. Should SONY repair my tv?