Join now - be part of our community!

dingle dangle dongle

dingle dangle dongle

I NEEDED A NEW COMPUTER. bYT sONY STARTED MAKING THE vAIO, WHICH i PREVIOUSLY HAD. SO i BOUGHT AN HP DESKTOP, THE NEAREST THING TO IT I COULD FIND. iT'S FINE, BUT THE KEYBOARD IS WRETCHED- KEYS TOO SMALL AND UP ARROW CONFUED WITH ANOTHETR WHICH DOES SOMETHING ELSE.  SO i WANTEDF TO USE MY LOVELY OLD SONY KEYBOARD. SADLY, IT APPEARS I NEED SOMETHING CALLED A DONGLE, WHICH IS APPARENTLY MISSING (DON'T KNOW HOW) DFROM MY OLD  VAIO.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY SUCH A THING. I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL BTW - EUROPARTS CAN'T HELP.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jermeerkat and welcome.

I presume this is a Sony wireless keyboard?

Can you give us the keyboard code or the Vaio computer model it came with?

You are probably going to have to try ebay - but this will be a waste of time unless you can be sure it is compatible.

:thinking:

Dear Blencogo (odd name), Thank you so much for taking the trouble. It is model: VGP-WKB10. It came with the Sony Vaio I bought some eight or nine years ago. The Vaio went a bit awol, which is why I had to replace it, and selected an HP as being the nearest similar PC. Trouble is, its keyboard is crap, unless you haver the fingers of an ant. Any help gratefully received. And by the way, I don’t know how this dongle thing went missing, but I think it was the ‘expert’ who moved all my stuff over to the HP, who took it out, and lost it, and won’t admit it. Best wishes, Jeremy Hornsby.