Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-21313M BIOS

SOLVED

PCG-21313M BIOS

Dear Sony,

please let me know which CPU is the best in this netbook (we need faster CPU then atom).

Thank You,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robrobyroby and welcome.

I can't tell exactly which model you have as you are giving us the generic chassis code which covers several models.

The correct model will be something like VPCM12M1E. If it is this model it has a FC-BGA 559 Intel processor socket which will only take Intel Atom processors.

So you are stuck with an Atom and it would be possible to upgrade to any "N" prefixed Atom processor. The above model uses the N470 1.83 GHz processor and I don't think there is another compatible single core processor that is any faster. A dual core N2800 would fit the socket but I'm not sure if it will work OK - this has 2 cores at 1.87 GHz giving a nominal 2.8 GHz upgrade and better graphics.

I don't know anyone who has tried it. I think most people would upgrade to a newer computer as this model is about 6 years old and was probably one of the cheapest Vaios.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robrobyroby and welcome.

I can't tell exactly which model you have as you are giving us the generic chassis code which covers several models.

The correct model will be something like VPCM12M1E. If it is this model it has a FC-BGA 559 Intel processor socket which will only take Intel Atom processors.

So you are stuck with an Atom and it would be possible to upgrade to any "N" prefixed Atom processor. The above model uses the N470 1.83 GHz processor and I don't think there is another compatible single core processor that is any faster. A dual core N2800 would fit the socket but I'm not sure if it will work OK - this has 2 cores at 1.87 GHz giving a nominal 2.8 GHz upgrade and better graphics.

I don't know anyone who has tried it. I think most people would upgrade to a newer computer as this model is about 6 years old and was probably one of the cheapest Vaios.

:wink:

Thank You!