Join now - be part of our community!

Help needed for XAV-601BT please

SOLVED
thepars85
Explorer

Help needed for XAV-601BT please

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is not in the correct place but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it.

I have a Sony XAV-601BT which I am generally very pleased with. However, when I am connected via bluetooth (and the screen on the unit shows connected and shows the battery notification etc) it does not show the text message SMS notification icon when I receive a text? Also, is it true that the text message can be read aloud from the head unit? If so, how do I do this?

The phone I am using is an xperia Z1, like I say, the rest of the bluetooth functions work fine (calls, streaming etc.)

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi thepars85,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Firsly have you downloaded & installed the latest firmware update for your XAV-601BT.?

If not you can locate the instructions & download link by clicking on the follwoing link - Firmware update for XAV-601BT

Be sure to follow the instruction carefully..:smileywink:

As to the options available via bluetooth I can't find info for the Z1..

However according to the support site there are some restrictions when connecting a Xperia Z by Bluetooth,  here is a list of what options should be available for the Xperia Z..

Z.JPG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi thepars85,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Firsly have you downloaded & installed the latest firmware update for your XAV-601BT.?

If not you can locate the instructions & download link by clicking on the follwoing link - Firmware update for XAV-601BT

Be sure to follow the instruction carefully..:smileywink:

As to the options available via bluetooth I can't find info for the Z1..

However according to the support site there are some restrictions when connecting a Xperia Z by Bluetooth,  here is a list of what options should be available for the Xperia Z..

Z.JPG