Join now - be part of our community!

Help please........ mex bt3000

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sizeate
Explorer

Help please........ mex bt3000

I had this model fitted in my peugeot 206 55 plate by a Halfords guy.

I have several problems, help with any would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Stereo doesnt turn on/off when car does
  • 2. when someone phones me it sometimes goes straight to voicemail
  • 3. caller complains of hearing themself talk
  • 4.radio has terrible crackling/hissing

Also, am looking to buy the parts to make the controls work on the stalk/steering column, any recommendations of where to get a good price and if they actually work. (Was told by Halfords that they dont work!)

Obviously I will have to go back to Halfords if I cant work these problems out, but would really rather fix myself if possible. Please dont say anything too technical, Im a girl !!! :dizzy:

Cheers guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the community

Dont worry about technical since there is always an answer for everything (well in most cases)

Dont worry about technical since there is always an answer for everything (well in most cases)

1. If the stereo is not turning on/off when the car does, then there may be a problem with the way it has been installed. In most cases, it should power up with you key in the ignition on the first click and then also when you fully start the car, same when turning the car off so in that sense, could be something wrong with the way it has been fitted. My best recommendation is with the box etc when you bought it, you should have an installation diagram like this pdf.crse.com/manuals/4295766111.pdf Might be worthwhile letting the installer look it over.

2. If you find your phone is going straight to voicemail, try having a look on your call divert settings on your phone or if you can, try a different phone. Not sure what could be the problem here.

3. If the caller complaints of hearing themselves, try turning your volume down a little or press and hold the MIC button. Try EC/NC1 and EC/NC2 ideally whilst park since you may need to look at the screen. Not worth crashing over a few minutes to pay attention. This feature should help a little.

4. If you radio is crackling/hissing, is this all stations or some vs others? It could be a loose wire causing problems with the ariel connectionor just a low quality signal. Once again, if Halfords are to take another look, it may sort itself out. Really hard to say what it could be without hearing it.

Either way, hope some of the info has helped out here but let us know how you get on.

Regards, Teshi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

1. If the stereo is not turning on/off when the car does, then there may be a problem with the way it has been installed. In most cases, it should power up with you key in the ignition on the first click and then also when you fully start the car, same when turning the car off so in that sense, could be something wrong with the way it has been fitted. My best recommendation is with the box etc when you bought it, you should have an installation diagram like this pdf.crse.com/manuals/4295766111.pdf Might be worthwhile letting the installer look it over.

2. If you find your phone is going straight to voicemail, try having a look on your call divert settings on your phone or if you can, try a different phone. Not sure what could be the problem here.

3. If the caller complaints of hearing themselves, try turning your volume down a little or press and hold the MIC button. Try EC/NC1 and EC/NC2 ideally whilst park since you may need to look at the screen. Not worth crashing over a few minutes to pay attention. This feature should help a little.

4. If you radio is crackling/hissing, is this all stations or some vs others? It could be a loose wire causing problems with the ariel connectionor just a low quality signal. Once again, if Halfords are to take another look, it may sort itself out. Really hard to say what it could be without hearing it.

Either way, hope some of the info has helped out here but let us know how you get on.

Regards, Teshi