Join now - be part of our community!

Hi Does my walkman play audio files?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sludge1
Visitor

Hi Does my walkman play audio files?

Hi I have just bought a walkman and want it to play books bought at audible. I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any wisdom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joolsp67
Visitor

I'm sorry to tell you it is impossible to play audible files on any Sony device. 

I purchased a Sony Walkman in the summer, went to load my audible books and got a massive shock - Audible and Sony are not compatible because they have been unable to come to a licencing agreement (ie - it's all about the money rather than providing customers with a service!)

Some people will tell you there is software out there which will convert audible books to a compatible format but I was unable to find out which to use and audible told me that attempting to convert files was in breach of the terms and conditions I had agreed to.

So, do what I did, sell your walkman on ebay and buy a compatible device - there is a list on the Audible FAQ help page

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
joolsp67
Visitor

I'm sorry to tell you it is impossible to play audible files on any Sony device. 

I purchased a Sony Walkman in the summer, went to load my audible books and got a massive shock - Audible and Sony are not compatible because they have been unable to come to a licencing agreement (ie - it's all about the money rather than providing customers with a service!)

Some people will tell you there is software out there which will convert audible books to a compatible format but I was unable to find out which to use and audible told me that attempting to convert files was in breach of the terms and conditions I had agreed to.

So, do what I did, sell your walkman on ebay and buy a compatible device - there is a list on the Audible FAQ help page