Join now - be part of our community!

How Do I Connect a Walkman to Naim Uniti (Vn. 1) - with a cable?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

How Do I Connect a Walkman to Naim Uniti (Vn. 1) - with a cable?

Hi there

What is the best way to connect a Walkman NW-A55L to a Naim Uniti (Vn. 1)?  Can I do it through the digital or analogue inputs at the rear of the unit?  Any help would be welcome.

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Hi Peter

Thank you very much for this. On delivery of the Walkman, after waiting for the little chap to fully charge and then loading some tracks (takes time doesn’t it compared with loading onto a laptop!), I used a cable with 2 RCA phono plugs on one end and 3.5 mm on the other which I had previously bought and used. This was connected to the analogue sockets to the rear of the Uniti and it worked very well. The sound is very good across all types of material. I am now waiting for a bluetooth speaker to arrive early this week coming for the real purpose of purchasing the Walkman.

Again, Peter, thank you very much.

Roger

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi wolfiewolfie,

I would try to connect the Walkman as a storage device via USB.

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Hi Peter

Thank you very much for this. On delivery of the Walkman, after waiting for the little chap to fully charge and then loading some tracks (takes time doesn’t it compared with loading onto a laptop!), I used a cable with 2 RCA phono plugs on one end and 3.5 mm on the other which I had previously bought and used. This was connected to the analogue sockets to the rear of the Uniti and it worked very well. The sound is very good across all types of material. I am now waiting for a bluetooth speaker to arrive early this week coming for the real purpose of purchasing the Walkman.

Again, Peter, thank you very much.

Roger