Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900U How do I preset phone numbers for speed dialling?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SnoozieM
Visitor

MEX-BT3900U How do I preset phone numbers for speed dialling?

I've got my 3900U working perfectly, set up was fairly simple with instructions, but cannot for the life of me follow the instructions successfully to store phone numbers on 1-6 on the unit to enable me to make hands free speed dialling phone calls. Instructions don't give a great deal of info. Anyone done this successfully??? FYI I have an iPhone 4. Please help if you can. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
geoffinbolton
Visitor

From Memory, press and hold the button you want to program (it will indicate that it is waiting), then send the contact to the head unit by sharing it over bluetooth (select the contact, menu, share, bluetooth) by sending it to the head unit, this programs that number on that button, works a treat 🙂

Cheers

geoff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mca_sony
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. I am using an HTC Desire running Android 2.2.2.

geoffinbolton
Visitor

From Memory, press and hold the button you want to program (it will indicate that it is waiting), then send the contact to the head unit by sharing it over bluetooth (select the contact, menu, share, bluetooth) by sending it to the head unit, this programs that number on that button, works a treat 🙂

Cheers

geoff

mca_sony
Visitor

Geoff

Many thanks. Yes, it has worked.

For the benefit of anyone else having the same problem:

This feature does not work with all phones. Sony have pointed me to the following webpage that lists the phones which are compatible with the MEX-BT3900U:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/MEX-BT3900U/compatibility

Note that for phones that are not fully compatible, the important item for this operation is “Phonebook transfer from phone”.

Now, as you say, to programme a preset dial (e.g. number 1) you press and hold 1. The car stereo says “P1 WAITING”. At the same time, the car stereo drops the bluetooth connection (if the phone was connected to the car stereo over bluetooth at that time). This feels counter-intuitive but is normal. It would have been nice if the manual said this.

Once the “P1 WAITING” sign is shown, the steps taken to complete the programming using the HTC Desire running Android 2.2.2 are as follows:

Open up People.

Long-tap on the Contact you wish to programme.

Select “Send contact as vCard”.

From the drop down menu select “Send contact-Bluetooth”.

Tap Send.

Under “Scan for devices” select “Sony Automotive”.

This re-establishes the bluetooth connection, performs the transfer and the programming is complete.

It does work a treat (if you know how) 🙂

Marios

ValPilli
Visitor

Did you manage to sort this out?  I have exactly the same problem. I see one of the responses you received but I have tried this.  When sharing contact it doesn't give me the Bluetooth option??  I have a 4s.