Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A846 screen busted

SOLVED
profile.country.fi_FI.title
Atomilehma
Visitor

NWZ-A846 screen busted

Hi.

I managed to crack my NWZ-A846 player's screen and now it's completely blank. Is it even possible to get repaired? Afterall I paid a lot for this model and I would rather fix it than waste a bunch more money on a new walkman.

I have been asking on different electronic shops about the repair and all have said that they can't change the screen. Does anybody have idea on whom to contact about this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Atomilehma,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

At a guess I would say that it would be cheaper to purchase a replacement Walkman..

Best I can suggest is to contact your local authorised Sony service centre as they would be able to advise on wether it's possible..

Click the following link to search for your local authorised Sony service centre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Atomilehma,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

At a guess I would say that it would be cheaper to purchase a replacement Walkman..

Best I can suggest is to contact your local authorised Sony service centre as they would be able to advise on wether it's possible..

Click the following link to search for your local authorised Sony service centre

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Atomilehma
Visitor

So a little update.

I called a couple of screen repairing companys and all turned me down saying it is either impossible or way too expensive to change the screen. Finally I contacted Sony helpdesk and got the cost of 140€ just to fix the screen. Obviously that is way too much for me.

So we decided to open the player with my brother and found out that if I can get my hands on a new screen its possible tochange yourself. The screen is glued to the player so it was relatively easy to take off. After that there is just one cord connecting the screen and the circuit board. You have to open the back panel too but that part was just two screws at the bottom of the player.

The player works fine even without the screen. Navigating in the menus proved a little difficult though. It is now fixed with a duct tape and is ugly as hell...

I shall update this if I get my hands on a new screen...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Atomilehma wrote:

So a little update.

Finally I contacted Sony helpdesk and got the cost of 140€ just to fix the screen. Obviously that is way too much for me.

I thought that would be the case..:smileysad: