Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-Z1060 Disappointed

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Softhead
Visitor

NWZ-Z1060 Disappointed

After dropping and breaking my trusty NWZ-A845 and refusing to pay nearly £100 to repair it, i decided to plump for the new NWZ-Z1060 at £299. The adverts said it was Supreme Sound and thats pretty much what i expected.

Besides being a large MP3 player(its bigger than an Iphone) the audio quality is no where near that of the
NWZ-A845. I had bought an expensive pair of In Ear Sony Headphones, the MDR-EX600.

I am so disappointed, have used the headphones on both players and in my opinion the NWZ-A845 is far superior to the new NWZ-1060.

I`ve even purchase different audio player android software for the NWZ-Z1060 such as winamp and poweramp and tried to adjust the acoustics with the included graphic equaliser but to no avail.

Ive tried the standard audio settings that comes with the unit and even fiddled with the standard graphic equaliser, but again, no luck.

Even tried different in ear headphones, ive 6 different Sonys, all varying in quality and price.

Thinking about downsizing back to the recent NWZ-A865 but am worried that the sound will be no better.

Anyone else got the NWZ-Z1060? Any opinions? Solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

The Latest Walkman Z has awesome sound. The thing is that all the audio features included are only working with Sony default software player....

So if you are using winamp that's normal that the sound is only whatever.

Load a few songs, use the first party player and play around with settings and you will enjoy the differences 😃

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

The Latest Walkman Z has awesome sound. The thing is that all the audio features included are only working with Sony default software player....

So if you are using winamp that's normal that the sound is only whatever.

Load a few songs, use the first party player and play around with settings and you will enjoy the differences 😃

JPaulG2007
New

Hi, I uses these headphones http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=392616 and found they really improved the sound on this walkman. Other headphones I've used have given me appalling sound quality - even when trying a sound amplifier app.

warren34
Visitor

Ive just purchased the 1060 and was very disapointed that is does not have NC.

I could not get my hands on one in the UK so I got one from Canada. But upon arrival I find this is a Latin American issue (BC). I dont now if it makes any diference but I am completly unable to update the Andriod firmware and thus having lots of problems with WIFI dropout.

I only received this last week and I am now working in another country until Feb 2013 so I cant even return it.

Sony, you have a lot to asnwer for and most certainly will..