Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF 1000XM4 Left Earbud draining 10 times faster than right

profile.country.DK.title
Thommy
Explorer

Sony WF 1000XM4 Left Earbud draining 10 times faster than right

Like the title states, my left earbud randomly started draining extremely fast.

I suspect the 2.0.1 firmware.

I bought these in Denmark on February 17 last year and now they are essentially worthless as I can only use the left earbud for about 40 minutes.

I have since moved countries to Japan, so I don't know what to do about warranty now 😞

I have a attached pictures showing the battery drain using both over about 1 hour.

Sony please respond.

1000014984.png

1000014986.png

1000014987.png

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
PaulGUden
Explorer

In the end I sent them to the Sony service centre at my expense. Their repair estimate is £34. They say they have sent for the parts and I am now waiting for the repair to be done. It has a 90 day guarantee. We'll see what happens.

profile.country.GB.title
SuperMarioY
Explorer

I found vides about replacing the battery, had a go myself but I messed it up so left earbud is now dead. At least I tried. I will get new Sennheser earbuds. Sony is dead to me. Forever.

profile.country.GB.title
PaulGUden
Explorer

I'm unlikely to ever buy any more, but hoping for a £34 repair these will be kept alive for a while longer.

profile.country.GB.title
jr1312
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue.

I've complained with Sony Italy and since i'm out of guarantee (for 3 months), i've got to take my earphones to a repair center, at my own expense, without even knowing how much it will cost.

Absolutely useless response from Sony, neither acknowledging this is a recurrent issue, nor taking accountability whatsoever.

I find it outrageous that a EUR 280 pair of earphones -top of the line- are designed to become obsolete just after the guarantee expires. Great sustainability standards.

Well done Sony. You lost another customer.

I know this is a common issue, and I hope more people take the time to share and complain. If not, Sony gets away with screwing us.

profile.country.GB.title
jr1312
Explorer

This doesn't work

profile.country.GB.title
PaulGUden
Explorer

I bought mine from Amazon.es. Had them repaired in the UK for £34 - unnecessary but not extortionate in the end. Back in Spain now and they're fine (so far).

profile.country.GB.title
Hughmcmahon
Explorer

Where did you get this done, Paul?

profile.country.GB.title
PaulGUden
Explorer

Hi, it was the Sony Central Service at Pencoed Technology Park in Pencoed. If you contact them they send you a service request form to fill out and post with the ear buds. That cost me £7.95 with Royal Mail tracking etc. Seems to be working as new for the time being.

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hey all, they most likely will need a repair, try to contact the support team of japan to help you.

profile.country.US.title
jibladzea1975
New

It is a shame that SONY is robbing the customers.