Join now - be part of our community!

Why is my ICD-SX46 digital recorder incompatible with Digital Voice Editor 3.3?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lelolive
New

Why is my ICD-SX46 digital recorder incompatible with Digital Voice Editor 3.3?

My Sony ICD-SX46 digital recorder is not recognised since I changed my Windows XP for a Windows 7 64-bit PC. Now the SX-Series recorder's software, Digital Voice Editor 2.2 is incompatible. I contacted Sony and they sent me a link to download a newer software version - 3.3.01. This is also incompatible with my SX Series device. It apparently works with AX and PX-series machines (see attached screenshots). Sony's download information says SX series recorders will not work with XP 64-bit, but my computer is running Windows 7. Can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Please only post once or you will cause confusion.

IPC-SX models older than the IPC-SX67 are not compatible with any 64-bit version of Windows and not at all with Windows 7.

See your other question:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/206207

:thinking:

lelolive
New

Sorry about that, it's years since I've done this so am a bit uncertain. I thought I had chosen the wrong category so tried again. Re your reply, thanks. The
download link is the same. But I can't understand why Sony say this 3.3
software version is for Windows 7 machines, if it isn't! They list XP 64-bit as
incompatible but not Windows 7. Does this mean I now have to buy a new Sony recorder to work my new PC?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It seems confusing and perhaps Sony did not explain fully - which doesn't help.

DVE 3.3 is compatible with W7, Vista, XP and W2K - but only for some individual ICD Models. 

(XP 64-bit it is incompatible with all ICD Models).

Your ICD-SX46 it is only compatible with XP 32-bit and Vista 32-bit.  You would need a newer model to be compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.

You would need one of these models:

ICD-PX720

ICD-SX750/SX850/SX950/SX700
/SX800/SX900/SX68/SX78/SX88/SX67/SX77

ICD-MX series

lelolive
New

Thanks, that is helpful to take me to the next step, Your list is quite large. I really need something to record a music class in session, ie the teacher speaking and the music being played or demonstrated, rather than a dictation device, though my old SX46 was ok. Also need the software to slow down the music so I can try to play it myself at home slowly at first. Will any of these on your list be best for this rather than just taking voice dictation? Thanks again for your help