Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
pjw999
Visitor

KDL40NX803 clicking, popping, cracking noise...help

Hi folks after some advice and if anyone knows a solution or if Sony has worked a solution to this problem, as I cannot find a definitive answer anywhere.

The TV when on or off makes clicking, popping, cracking noises. Although its definitely more pronounced when the TV is off.

There is no set rhythm to the noises. Sometimes they are seconds apart and at other times several minutes. I have searched plenty of threads on the Internet and double checked the instruction manual. Some people say this is just normal heating and cooling noises, what even after the TV has been off for several days!!! Others say its a problem with the power input and to make sure the TV is plugged into the wall direct and not a plug extender. Well it is plugged into the wall. Others say get an uninterruptible power source. Why should I do this, does every Sony TV owner who purchases a TV with this problem have to purchase expensive extras. I have had this TV 11months now and it is really starting to become annoying. My friends Samsung doesn't have this problem and nor does my 19" Sony in the bedroom. Even sat here now the TV, which has been off for over two hours is popping away in the corner. Having looked at various threads on line, this clearly isn't a new problem and has been around for sometime. I hope someone can help. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards the Watkins family :slight_smile:

Who Me Too'd this topic