Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
MrJoBangles

BBC Iplayer (and other UK Terrestrial TV catch-Up apps won't open)

Sony A1 with latest software/firmware.

After conquering previous travails in even finding these flipping apps I'm now in a position where they don't open.

I noticed this first during Euro2020 a few months ago when I wanted to watch games on IPlayer in UHD but the IPlayer App wouldn't open - I worked around this by rebooting the TV by holding power button down until TV restarted. After this, IPlayer would open ONCE, I'd have to reboot the TV anytime I wanted to open IPlayer.

I subsequently noticed that none of the YouView Apps like ITV Hub, All4 etc would open either. 

I thought this issue might resolve itself over time with an auto firmware update or such like but it still happens.

I find it intensely irritating how IPlayer seems "sideloaded" into YouView and is not a standalone app I can fiddle with, y'know, delete and reinstall sort of thing.

Frankly, I'd like to rip YouView out of the telly altogether and replace it with FreeView but, first things first.....

Any ideas how to get IPlayer to open up every time I need it without rebooting the telly?

Thanks.

Who Me Too'd this topic