Join now - be part of our community!

Autorotation problem before and after 7.0

SOLVED
Don82
Visitor

Autorotation problem before and after 7.0

Autorotation seems to be a problem to with 7.0 dat still was not fixed.after watchin video's in movie app oqg draw allot in album i nee to switch on and off the rotation setting to fix.hope sony fix it before release 7.1.1 update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xzs
Visitor

I can confirm that unchecking "Google places history" "fix" this issue.. Settings->places->Google place history

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Don82

could you elaborate and also test it in >>> safe mode

Don82
Visitor

I did in safe mode and that works. It just comes up at random times that the autorotation dont work when i play my video's and switch to album vieuw pictures. I got that issue with mm to
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Don82

If you don't experience this in safe mode then the problem is an app (not a preloaded app) 

Don82
Visitor

Strange,i only use sony media apps..i maybe gonna do a complete repair on companion.looks like i got this issue alone..thx
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Don82
Visitor

By removing some apps yesterday and screen rotation did still go crazy i notice something wrong with greenify. In accessibility auto hibernation settings it was not set correct. It was on in there but in the app itself was set off. With that fixed now i did not get problems with rotation all day. Like a got it every half hour attleast.I believe that solved it,hope it stay ok now
Sunking1011
Contributor

You say that you only use stock apps, but then you mention Greenify. I have zero auto-rotation issues and I have a ton of stock apps...but curiously no Greenify...
MrRojano97
Visitor

What model of Xperia XZ are you using?

I tried on my Xperia XZ F8332 with Malaysia and India firmwares and is the same, the auto rotation is crazy and works sometimes.

But, friends with Xperia XZ F8331 tell me that this issue isn't present... (Android 7)

So, If you're using F8332, I can think that the problem is the Update for the F8332 Model Only.

Don82
Visitor

It is the f8331,i did flash a 6.0 RU ftf version to get the 7.0 in belgium.could not wait for it 🙂 . I switched on a extra stability issue in greenify abouth samsung if you go in accessibility,greenify ,settings .dunno what it got to do with it. But after 2days it seems to be gone.i got the payed version and granted the extra services for non rooted devices