Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ does not show on screen if it is charging when used which a certified Qualcomm QC 3.0

SOLVED
Monzur2101
Visitor

Xperia XZ does not show on screen if it is charging when used which a certified Qualcomm QC 3.0

As stated in the title! When I used a certified quick charger with my phone, I do get a little orange light indicating that it is charging however on the lock screen there is no text saying that it is "quick charging" or "fast charging"... infact it doesn't even show the word "charging".. also the battery icon in the notification bar shows no indication of charging... But if I use a normal charger it does say that it is "charging"... Is this normal behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Monzur2101,

Glad to hear that you decided to get the Xperia XZ. Slightly_smiling_Face

According to the information I have, even if you charge your Xperia device using a Quick Charger that is Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 compatible, the text "Charging" is displayed on the lock screen. The same text is displayed when you use a regular charger.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

may I ask is the charger bought from sony? or a sony quick charger product? or is it a third party manufacturer?

also try to change to a default preinstalled theme, restart your device and see if there is an indication on the lockscreen of charging?

also try while you are in safe mode

Monzur2101
Visitor

yupp it's the Sony Quick Charger UCH12W! I have double checked that my phone does support QC 3.0, and therefore made the purchase to get this charger since my phone didn't already come supplied with one. Also I didn't theme my Sony phone, it is using the out if the box theme, just with a different wallpaper. Nope, no indication despite restarting, I only get the indication when using the normal charger, but not the quick charger. I've tried safe mode, still the same issue... perhaps a firmware update will resolve it?
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Monzur2101,

Glad to hear that you decided to get the Xperia XZ. Slightly_smiling_Face

According to the information I have, even if you charge your Xperia device using a Quick Charger that is Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 compatible, the text "Charging" is displayed on the lock screen. The same text is displayed when you use a regular charger.

Monzur2101
Visitor

Alright, I'll look into it and see if a reboot will help! thank you! It's a great phone and optimisation is unparalleled
Christofer
Champion

@Monzur2101

You're welcome! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Xperia XZ. Slightly_smiling_Face

Nuno_sf
Visitor

What is the procedure to obtain a confirmation from the device that it is quick charging and at what level (2,3)?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You could try to use the app called ampere from google play store.
alexdon
Monzur2101
Visitor

the phone itself doesn't state whether it is fast charging or just charging normal speeds... which is not good imo.. the phone does support QC 3.0 however when used with a QC 3.0 charger it still only says "charging".. they should release an update to show a difference in charging speeds
Christofer
Champion

@Monzur2101 I see your point and I can forward this as user feedback. Meanwhile, if you need to verify the charging current there are some apps that allows you to do this as @alexdon mentioned above.