Join now - be part of our community!

How to change the auto-naming of photographies and videos ?

SOLVED
Alomphega
Visitor

How to change the auto-naming of photographies and videos ?

Hi all,

My best wishes for this new year Slightly_smiling_Face

The Z3c naming convention for videos and photos is not so easy to manage,

so I would like to name from the date and time instead of default numerotation.

Say I would like something like :

"20150101_124655.jpg" (YearMonthDay_HourMinuteSeconds.jpg) instead of "DSC_0001.JPG"
And if possible to choose were the are recorded (say inside "DCIM/Camera" instead of "DCIM/100ANDRO").

Could you tell me how to do that please ?

Many thanks for your time,
Cordially,

Guy

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashroft98
Enthusiast

To change the preset name of pictures and videos is,i'm afraid,not possible by any means,sorry 😕

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ashroft98
Enthusiast

Hi!

Happy new year too Slightly_smiling_Face

For changing the names,it can't be possible as thats automatic,set by default android system.And to choose which storage folder or changing the name of it is also not available,but you could change it's storage to SD card,which later,the android system will automatically create a DCIM/100ANDRO folder and your camera-taken shots will stored there directly.

But you could change the preset name and folder if you are rooted.Thats if i'm not mistaken.

Hope that helps Grinning_Face

Alomphega
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your answer Ashroft98.

You say it is an android problem but with my Samsung S4 Active (Android 4.4.2) before I haved the naming 'YMD_HMS.jpg' as I described above...

Also you say I can change the preset names and folders if I am rooted : could you explain how to do or send me a link to do this please ?

Many thanks again for your precious help,
Guy

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The only way to root the Z3 at the moment is by unlocking the bootloader, which will affect the camera performance, your DRM keys will be gone and other apps/services will not work, also it will void your warranty

Alomphega
Visitor

Thanks for this information !

As a non native English speaker I haved no idea what could be a "rooting" of a smartphone, so now I guess I understand...

Well, the original question is not about the rooting, but just to rename the defaut naming of my photos and videos to obtain automatically the "YMD_HMS.xxx" formulation.

Any idea of how to do that please ?

Many thanks, 

Guy

Ashroft98
Enthusiast

To change the preset name of pictures and videos is,i'm afraid,not possible by any means,sorry 😕
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

There might be an app that could do that, I'm not certain, do check the play store

Alomphega
Visitor

Ok, thank you very much to all for your kind participation and your informations, and your time trying to help me !

BTW : is there a place where to post suggestions for future functionalities to Sony for that ?

Best Regards,
Guy

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Alomphega
Visitor

Thanks a lot Michal, I'll take a look ASAP to your app ! 👍