Join now - be part of our community!

Loudspeaker sound really low after shower

SOLVED
perspex
Visitor

Loudspeaker sound really low after shower

hey guys, I took my phone inside the bathroom while i took a shower to make sure i didnt miss any calls and after i came out i found that the volume of the loud speaker became really low even though the volume of the phone is set to max. What exactly is going on? i thought this phone was made to handle stuff like this, do i have to get it replaced or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheEntelexia
Explorer

Sounds like perhaps a little water vapour could have entered the speakers while you were in the shower. Its not broken it's just got a little wet inside causing the speaker volume to be reduced. Many users have had the exact same thing happen to them, including myself. Leave the phone to dry out for awhile, also try not using the speaker too much ,this will prolong the drying process.

To speed up the drying out of the speaker you can use a hair dryer on a low setting aimed at the speaker, a blow-out setting on a vaccuum or simply putting your phone in a container of rice, to draw the moisture out. But remember your phone isn't broken, its completely normal. Read the manual and you will find out some more useful information

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheEntelexia
Explorer

Sounds like perhaps a little water vapour could have entered the speakers while you were in the shower. Its not broken it's just got a little wet inside causing the speaker volume to be reduced. Many users have had the exact same thing happen to them, including myself. Leave the phone to dry out for awhile, also try not using the speaker too much ,this will prolong the drying process.

To speed up the drying out of the speaker you can use a hair dryer on a low setting aimed at the speaker, a blow-out setting on a vaccuum or simply putting your phone in a container of rice, to draw the moisture out. But remember your phone isn't broken, its completely normal. Read the manual and you will find out some more useful information

perspex
Visitor

yeah, thanks a lot man..the water was blocking the speakers. I just left the phone alone for like an hour or so and the sounds as good as new.

TheEntelexia
Explorer

That's great dude Slightly_smiling_Face Glad its now working for you