Join now - be part of our community!

KD55X9305CBU, does it have an IR blaster?

jimbojones1000
Explorer

KD55X9305CBU, does it have an IR blaster?

I want to buy a KD55X9305CBU but i cant find out if it has an ir blaster or not, most of the range do and being at the top of the range i would assume it does, however there is not one listed in the "Whats in the box" section of the spec, the instructions dont mention one. 

I asked sony but i didnt get any response(didnt expect one).

What i dont understand is if it doesnt have one why doesnt it? It has a sport mode but as far as i know there is no sport on terrestrial TV so you must have a box of some type, if your willing to pay the extra to get the top end of the range of TV's then you probably want to spend some money on content which usually means a set top box. 

I'd love to know before i spend £1600 ion a TV, Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I don't know if your model does, but my KD55X8509c DID come with one, so I'm guessing yours will being a better spec.

If you buy one and there isn't one in the packaging, hit me up on here via PM and I will send you mine as I'm never going to use it.

jimbojones1000
Explorer

Thats a very kind offer, and I agree with your reasoning but your TV does list IR blaster in the "whats in the box" section, wheras the 55x9305 doesnt, I dont know if the firmware would even run the blaster if it wasnt designed to come with one, and one isnt listed in the accessories either, I really really dont want to buy a samsung but it doesnt leave me with much choice as out of LG,Sony,Pany the only top end TV which lists having an IR blaster is the 8000 series samsung, of course it will also come with all sorts of pre installed apps you cant get rid of and all manner of stupid sound effects which are completely unnesesary buts thats sumsung for you!