Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix unable to play 4k - Sony Android

SOLVED
Explorer

Netflix unable to play 4k - Sony Android

I have a fibre line with low latency and jitter and content played perfectly up until a few days ago. (watched the entire series of dare devil in 4k)

Netflix support essentially made me power everything down, discharge and restart , signout of the a/c etc.

HD content plays without problem and 4k content on youtube has no issues playing.

If I kick off a 4k episode now, it plays for a few seconds , buffers and then only plays audio.

I notice that the recommendations are taking longer to load than usual at the moment as well.

Anybody else experiencing similar behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

A broadband speed check is fine.....as implied by my initial post. I fixed this by going into netflix setting -> choosing "get help" and "check your network" , after that check, content played ok - just posting in case anybody comes across the same issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When you are having problems, goto www.speedtest.net and see what your speed is?  it is entirely possible this is a line or ISP related problem.

Cheers

Explorer

A broadband speed check is fine.....as implied by my initial post. I fixed this by going into netflix setting -> choosing "get help" and "check your network" , after that check, content played ok - just posting in case anybody comes across the same issue.