Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A1 OLED Firmware for DolbyVision

SOLVED
profile.country.QA.title
tahashi
Explorer

Sony A1 OLED Firmware for DolbyVision

Dear Sony,

When are you releasing the new DolbyVision Firmware for the A1 OLED TVs??? As I see, it is already released in the USA, so when on Earth are you going to release it for EUROPE and the rest of the world??? We are almost Mid March 2018 now and no word from you!!! Even the 30th of January 2018 announcement has not been updated with a date or time of when this is going to be release. If it is released in the USA, then why is it being delayed for the rest of the world?? What I feel now is that I'm begining to regret this expensive purchase and I wish that I had made the right descision and went with the LG OLED units which already have DolbyVision built in from day one. Come on....

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
Alecb500
Explorer

ahh. Ok, i was a bit worried. After manually updating it, it now shows PKG0.000.00065AENAA, and i dont have DV at all. Will format usb and try again, thanks! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Alecb500
Explorer

Ive tried with 4 different usb-sticks now, and it wont install. Tried fat32, exfat, ntfs, still says PKG0.000.00065EUA. 

Anybody have the same problem? No DV and no new searchbar. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Maybe you are trying to update with the wrong file. Do you own the North American A1E or the European A1? I have never seen the firmware version you mention in your post before. Press HELP on your remote and take note of the FW version on the top right corner. Have you not been tinkering with the FW already?

profile.country.GB.title
Alecb500
Explorer

IMG_1895[1807] (2).jpgI have the European one, installed it from the norwegian site.. Not tinkered with anything, just turned the samba service off in the previuse version. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

The FW revision your TV reports is a little worrisome. It could be an indication that a previous upgrade has not been successful. I’m sure others could shine more light here. Just to double check, are you downloading your FW file and following carefully the instructions from here?

Maybe a Factory Data Reset prior to upgrading might help.

profile.country.GB.title
Alecb500
Explorer

Thanks for the reply! Yup, did exactly what i says. Also tried a factory reset before updating.. ill make a new thread on this, :slight_smile: