Join now - be part of our community!

3D Glasses for VPL-VW90ES Projector

SOLVED

3D Glasses for VPL-VW90ES Projector

I have finally got round to finishing my home cinema with a VPL-VW90ES projector, and I want to get 3D glasses for all the family so we can enjoy some 3D films over Christmas.  The glasses which came with the projector at TDG-BR100 glasses, which I understand are now discontinued.

Reading through Internet forums, I also understand that 3D glasses need additional polarising filters to work with the VPL-VW90ES projector, and apart from the glasses supplied with the projector, these have to be ordered from Sony separately.

I have been advised that TDG-BR250 glasses are the replacement model now available, but can I get polarising filters for them (and do I even need them)?  I don't want to spend a small fortune and then find I have bought the wrong glasses.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is a shame that these filters are not free.

So we have the following

TDG-BR250 = £30

Filters = £31.48

Total = £61.48

What about if the total cost per pair was £45.94.  Ok, I cant find the filters cheaper, but Amazon sells the glasses for £14.46 : HERE

Hope that assists

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The 3D glasses do not "need" these polorized filters.  But sometimes your viewing experience may be better, as it allows for some head tilt when viewing in 3D.  WIthout the filters you need to keep your head straight.

Also, have you considered the TDG-BR750 model glasses?  They are much lighter in weight.

Anyhow, see the following post : HERE for more information

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Quinnicus wrote:

Anyhow, see the following post : HERE for more information

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty sure that Sony don't supply these filters anymore..

Thank you for the feedback and the advice.

I have been shopping around and I can get the TDG-BR250 glasses for around £30 each from a number of places on the internet.  I called Sony, and they no longer dish out the polarising filters free, you now have to call 4ourhouse and pay them £31.48 (inc. P&P!) per set of filters.

I am looking to buy a number of sets of glasses to let friends and family watch the projector.  Anyone know where I can get filters for a more sensible price?

Incidentally, I looked up the TDG-BR750 glasses, since they don't need filters, but they are over £120 a pair!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is a shame that these filters are not free.

So we have the following

TDG-BR250 = £30

Filters = £31.48

Total = £61.48

What about if the total cost per pair was £45.94.  Ok, I cant find the filters cheaper, but Amazon sells the glasses for £14.46 : HERE

Hope that assists