Join now - be part of our community!

DVD BDP 23500 - Demand 5 app search box no kepad display

Mags51
New

DVD BDP 23500 - Demand 5 app search box no kepad display

hello

I have a sony tv KDL 40w705c and bluray dvd bd - 5s3500.

Last night i tried to use demand 5 or the first time.  i managed to open the search box  showing the cursor blinking by moving the up/down arrows on the dvd remote. The message that appears on demand 5 is “use your number keys on your remote control to enter a show name” since there are no number keys on the dvd remote I tried the tv remote, but all this did was change the tv channel. I tried the dvd remote again fiddling around with different buttons but nothing would work 

This works fine on you tube and bbc iplayer (i get the key pad on the screen to use the back, forwards, up,down arrow on dvd remote to select the letters.

How do i get this too work, what am i missing?

thanks  mags

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm not sure if it will work the same on your device but when I discovered this problem on some of the apps on my BD player the secret to launching the key pad was to place the cursor on the search box so it was blinking and then press ENTER (center button on your remote). This should hopefully then launch the keypad.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14