Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bdv-n5200w various problems

Aulty87
New

Sony bdv-n5200w various problems

Hi all

purchased via amazon the sony bdv-n5200w surround sound unit.

i brought it dec 2015 so now out of warranty and low and behold im now getting various problems.

The first problem, we use surround sound with normal tv programs. When we switch it on display will flash but it wont output any sound. So have to unplug and plug it back in and then will work until you turn it off again.

2nd problem, the disc tray. Sometimes you press the open tray button on the remote and the tray will open by about 1cm. Its as if something is trapped. Which there isnt. Then will shut. This happens a few times before eventually it will open.

3rd problem. Remote control. My old remote wouldnt stop a film or pause a film. I thought something had come away from remote inside as there was a rattle so decided to buy a new remote. But new remote wont pause or stop a film too

also to add to the above i did get a warranty repair done last year where new films wouldnt play. Ended up having a new pickup op replaced under warranty.

as you can imagine i brought this in good faith but now you type into googl the model number and one of the options is problem. So im obviously not the only one.

can the above be repaired under extended warranty?

stephen

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.SE.title
ChrisSolna
Explorer

Hi, I got it working better by changing to a high speed Hdmi cable. 

Also placed the wireless reciever for rear speakers more openly.

Still have issues but as I said... It's better