Join now - be part of our community!

Suddenly sound bar NT-NT3 isn't working with Song TV?

SOLVED
Whitti_uk
New

Suddenly sound bar NT-NT3 isn't working with Song TV?

Hi,

I have a Sony KD-55X850xC 55" TV and the Sony sound bar NT-NT3 with subwoofer.

Its been working fine for a while until we had brother and sister in law round with their 2yr old. Sound now no longer goes from TV and out through the sound bar. So either A) the brother inlaw was playing with remote as he is into it all B) the little one has pressed or touched something she shouldn't have or C) it has all just randomly happened.

I have tested the speaker with my iphone and Bluetooth and it plays fine.

I have made sure the HDMI goes into ARC HDMI slot in TV and ARC out in the sound bar.

I have tried a different HDMI cable that is usually used for Apple TV. 

I have tried my Amazon Firestick in my HDMI 2 port just to make sure it wasn't a sky box issue in HDMI 1 port

I have turned everything off for a while 

I have selected 'audio system' on tv sound options

On 'sync menu' it now has ghosted 'use audio system for audio output'

Using 'home' button on sound bar remote and being in the hdmi4 arc source, I've gone to make sure 'TV' is selected. Gone to setup and updated software. Audio return control is set to Auto. The HDMI Audio Input Mode is set to TV and has been set to HDMI 1 also before.

i think I've covered everything. I just can't get sound from TV to sound bar 😞 it's driving me mad with nearly 2hrs spent. It was all fine too. When I press volume up on sound bar remote it doesn't show anything on tv, and I had got it to show before but again no sound.

Need some help desperately please :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whitti_uk
New

Hmm now it's working. Yippee! Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive just created this thread, see if it helps:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/m-p/2141941

Cheers

Whitti_uk
New

Still no joy 😞

Whitti_uk
New

Hmm now it's working. Yippee! Thank you