Join now - be part of our community!

DSX-S300BTX with iPod - NO DEVICE?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Moocow
Visitor

DSX-S300BTX with iPod - NO DEVICE?

My new DSX-S300BTX worked perfectly with my iPod touch in the tune tray for about 4 hours when it refused to recognise it, with NO DEVICE on the display. It was connected ok as it was still charging in the tune tray ( could hear it beep when ignition turned on)  With a long journey coming up I pressed the reset button and it worked perfectly although I had lost ALL my settings.  About 5 hours into my journey to south France exactly the same thing. Tried my iPhone in the tune tray with same result. Tried a different USB adaptor inside the tune tray but still no device. It all works perfectly when using the front external USB port. Bit annoyed as I bought the Sony as I loved the way the tune tray hides all those messy devices & wires. Anyone help? I shouldn't have to reset it all the time. Cheers & happy new year!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
tomdobson
Visitor

My wife is having the same problem, her's has worked fine for about 2 years then all of a sudden her ipod is not detected. If you plug it into the external usb its fine. Just not recognised in the dock.

How did you reset yours ?

Might try that on hers and see how long it lasts.

Moocow
Visitor

Hi. The reset button is on the front of the main unit behind the front panel. Lower the front panel and it is in a little hole. Will need a paper clip or similar. You can feel the button click. Cheers Geoff