Join now - be part of our community!

A80J... BBC iPlayer "feature not available while...."

profile.country.GB.title
M1ck-65

A80J... BBC iPlayer "feature not available while...."

BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, both say "feature not available while recording"

So..... if I happen to be recording a channel on the TV and try and use either BBC iPlayer or ITV hub streaming apps I get this error.

Why is this. ?

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Kenbmwman

MIck, Its now October 2022 and I purchased a 55A80K last month. I now find that the situation with HDD recording and catch-up services is still the same. Have you had any response from Sony giving any hope that they are working to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Ken

profile.country.GB.title
M1ck-65

You need to contact Sony your self.

More people who do it the better, then maybe some thing will be done.

profile.country.GB.title
Kenbmwman

Thanks Mick, I intend to do that. 

What have Sony actually said to you. Have they acknowledged that there is a problem?

Have they indicated they are working on it?

Ken

profile.country.GB.title
Kenbmwman

I have called Sony 0207 365 2810. Spoken with their rep. Sara.

They state that this is a condition of their licence arrangement with the catch-up TV providers.

I have argued that this may be their interpretation of the licence requirements, but if this is a general requirement then why are the other manufacturers not restricting service usage in the same way, and why do our existing televisions allow it. My five year old Panansonic TV will record and allow me to watch catchup simultaneously without any problem at all.

They say they are aware and may make changes at a future date but no commitment.

I have asked for the case to be escalated which they have agreed to do.

I will post again if there is any change.

Ken  6 October 2022