Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

The engineer (who has not yet visited, but is coming to inspect the TV tomorrow) tells me this is a known problem and will require a motherboard replacement! I called Sony to try and fine out what the explanation is behind that (thinking they must have a "known problems" database) and they had no idea, and said it depends on the individual television!

I was not impressed...

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

Hey, I can only speak from my experience.

presumed that Sony had fixed any issues with ARC. I have not experienced any problems with my Denon soundbar.

You may have an issue with compatibility and your Sonos?

Regarding your issue with slow volume changing. I do experience a slight delay, but I would not call is slow. When altering the volume it goes up or down in +3 or -3 (which is strange)

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

I have a Sonos Beam connected as well, but then again, this worked perfectly until the Android 8.0 update.

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

Which kind of implies, that the issue is a software one. If your Sonos Beam worked fine before the TV updated it's firmware, how can it be a hardware issue??

w1n6w0n6
Explorer

Yeah I do think that it is software rather than hardware because a number of people have said that the problem started occurring after the update but for some reason the sonos beam seems to be the one being affected the most

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

That is what I tried explaining to Sony Support, but as I was, they were useless. My fear is that the engineer will visit tomorrow, tell me that it needs a new mother board and after taking it away for a week will bring it back and the same problem will occur! Or maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and the engineer will actually do some diagnostics and agree it is a SW fault?...who knows!

w1n6w0n6
Explorer

I would be very surprise if the engineer will find / fix the problem but then again from what I've seen so far maybe I am over pessimistic.  Either way, keep us up to date with what happens it would be great  know to what/if they did anything

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

I feel your pain and frustration. I would be exactly the same.

Please do keep us updated, I am very interested to hear the outcome, I hope that   the engineer can solve this issue for you.

Try the info i gave, it will not hurt to try , it may work for you!

Imagine the engineers suprise if you have solved this hardware issue by turning off a software switch.

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

You won’t be pleasantly surprised. I first had an engineer visit and replace the main board at home. No change in the fault. I was left with a TV that lost its serial number configuration and the model was displaying as 75xf9005. (It’s a 49 set). Taken away by engineers again for over a week which resolved those configuration settings but the reboot fault has remained. One engineer even commented that he thought it was normal. 

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

I get more worried by the minute 😀. The problem with trying the options that you gave is that the TV then needs to be in standby for several hours to see if the fault occurs...which means overnight. And then how do I demonstrate to the engineer what the fault is? Now I'm getting myself in a muddle 🤔