Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
wingston

What version of the software are you using? I've installed the update a few weeks ago, it stopped doing it for about a week then it started again even more frequently.

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

Thanks. Which update version was it that fixed the problem? As far as I know, v6.6555 is the latest and that did nothing to fix the problem for me. If it is the same version then you clearly got lucky!

profile.country.GB.title
pautaylo4
Explorer

Curiously, the TV is reporting that it has version 6.6545, so as I only downloaded the update a week or so ago I am a bit mystified.

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

Well keep us up to date.  It would be great to hear at least one person is lucky to have it not happened on their TV.  

The over the air function on the TV is a piece of junk, it always says my TV is up to date despite knowing their are updates.

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@wingston do not get me wrong i found a way to close all the apps on sony android tv. if u have a wirles keyboord or bluetooth keyboord. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FeYBNkOlaM here is a video how do it if a lot of apps running in backgrond maybe is that also the reason wy tv crash when tv boot from standby u can try it force stop is not closing apps i test it out if i close the via force stop they stil run on background if i do that trik on video hoop this wil work its just an idea

If you need to close your Apps / clear out the cache on your Android TV here is how to do it after the 2019 update to Oreo. (8.0 Oreo) Like what you see? Click here! - http://bit.ly/Sub_2_Dax79 UPDATE - Thanks to Ahfaan Ali for pointing me in the right direction. To kill apps with the remote - ...
profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

Yes I have the latest firmware version and it stopped rebooting from standby for about a week I think then started again as you say even more regularly. It seems to stop rebooting when I turned internal WiFi off but the wired connection to a standard BT router is terrible and permanently disconnects, but I only tested this for a couple of days because I need the internet connection more than the rebooting bothers me. 

As I said an engineer is coming out again but not for 10 days then will take my TV away and if found to be faulty they will repair or if the cannot they will replace. They have not said what will happen if they take it away and can’t find a fault (which I assume they won’t as they won’t have a Sonos Beam to test and they ain’t taking mine as well as my tv)

I’ve got a KD55A1 UK but I highjacked this thread as I have the same problem with the same firmware, hope you don’t mind ☺️. If they did replace it they said it would be KD55AG9 UK in my case, which is the natural current successor.

keep you updated 

Also I find it strange that it doesn’t apparently (I saw someone post this) with a Samsung Soundbar with Bravia sync but I know it’s not just Sonos Soundbars that have the problem and could be down to not using ARC or different country firmware or anything and I’m not technical enough to comment either way more than that 😁

@Woody1001 wrote:

Also I find it strange that it doesn’t apparently (I saw someone post this) with a Samsung Soundbar with Bravia sync but I know it’s not just Sonos Soundbars that have the problem and could be down to not using ARC or different country firmware or anything and I’m not technical enough to comment either way more than that 😁

For the record, it happens for me with a Denon HEOS Bar connected via ARC, just to add another data point.

profile.country.GB.title
pautaylo4
Explorer

Just another thought for those with a Sonos Beam.

The sound bar is, of course, Alexa enabled. Does it make any difference if the TV is brought out of standby by voice control rather than using the TV remote?

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

Hi. In the 9 months I’ve had the issue trust me when I say I have tried every conceivable resolution 😁 Including disabling Alexa and its just not issues with Sonos Beam soundbars and worked fine until the update last year

Lee
profile.country.NL.title
Rico112