Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
jonnybhairspray
Explorer

I'm in exactly the same situation.  Same TV and the same issue.

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

To add insult to injury,  I got an email the other day asking me to review the product. So I did and then mentioned the issues with the ARC port and how it has issues.  Sony support responded to my review by sending me a link to the latest firmware to a different TV!  

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

they made a nice walkman back in the day, enjoying my mx2 headphones, but
man, this is my last Sony TV period....
profile.country.GB.title
wingston

I don't know if I'll go as far as saying this is my last Sony TV but next time I upgrade Sony certainly wouldn't be my first choice

profile.country.GB.title
jonnybhairspray
Explorer

I updated to the latest firmware version v6.6555 this week in the hope that it would fix the issue but of course it hasn't.  

profile.country.GB.title
The3ngineer
Explorer

I updated my XF8305 about three weeks ago and much to my surprise am seeing no problems so far including after an extended period of four days on standby. However I had to do a full factory reset after installation - I was seeing several funnies including lock ups and poor response. I also had to change date and time settings to get time from the network to get around an “internet is not connected” issue (although of course my internet connection was fine).

So maybe this release has finally fixed things for me.

Unfortunately it has also put my off Sony completely. They used to be a company with a brand known for quality and reliability but as is evident they are obviously no longer capable of supporting the software content in their products.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So you made the standard step suggested to fix weird problems (update and reset) but you are not happy with the support?

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

Sony’s support is a brick wall you run into when you need them. 👍🏻

profile.country.GB.title
The3ngineer
Explorer

No because my TV was working fine until the (non-reversible) Oreo update in August 2019 And thereafter kept crashing on standby and it’s taken Sony a year to fix it with the 6555 software update.

profile.country.GB.title
jonnybhairspray
Explorer

I fully agree with this. This is my first and last Sony TV. Over a £1000
and I've had to deal with an incredibly frustrating issue for months. I'm
not even sure it's fixed yet.

There's plenty of competition out there to choose from.

--
Best Regards
Graham

Graham Hawkins
(07410) 447 450

grhehawkins@gmail.com