Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try disconnecting the TV from Wi-Fi and check if it is still restarting.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

I disabled the wifi, also turned off the Built-in wifi, the issue seems resolved.

However I had trouble enabling the wifi again, I can't enable the wifi as well as the "built-in" wifi options in the setting, then I tried reboot my TV the issue is solved.

I need to test to see if the TV will reboot again when I turn on while the Wifi is connected to the Internet, as I can't turn off the wifi everytime right?  Time will see, I will report back here if this is actually solved or problem remains.

Will keep you posted. thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi wuyuankai,

It seems weird that the issue is solved by disabling the wifi on your TV. I think if that's the case, it won't be really convenient to do this as a workaround. But I might have a solution for you. Are you using any VPN services to access the internet? If yes, you can try to disable them and test.  Let us know the updates.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
CELIYATISO
Explorer

@Win_88 wrote:

Hi wuyuankai

This seems like a minor glitch that can be fixed by some basic steps (hopefully):

Vidmate  iTunes Notepad++

1. Go to Settings - Storage and reset - Internal storage - Cache - Clear cache
  2. Unplug the TV from the mains for a minute then plug it back in again.

I'd recommend doing these to steps every now and then to refresh the TV (even if nothing is going wrong).

Win_88

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

profile.country.GB.title
CELIYATISO
Explorer

@Win_88 wrote:

Hi wuyuankai

This seems like a minor glitch  FileZilla  Malwarebytes  Rufusthat can be fixed by some basic steps (hopefully):

1. Go to Settings - Storage and reset - Internal storage - Cache - Clear cache
  2. Unplug the TV from the mains for a minute then plug it back in again.

I'd recommend doing these to steps every now and then to refresh the TV (even if nothing is going wrong).

Win_88

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

Hi

No I don't use VPN.

Also after weekend, it seems the issue has been resolved, even I have turn on my Wifi, doesn't reboot when i turn on.  It looks like By turning on/off wifi, also turn on/off "Built in wifi" may have reset the network settings somehow and resolve the issue.  I will observe over this week to see if it happen again, will update in this thread. 

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

Try go to Settings, then find Wifi settings, turn off Wifi, and also find "Built-in Wifi" settings, turn that off as well. 

Long press the power button on the remote to reboot your TV,  turn on back "Wifi" and "Built-in Wifi", you may need to re-select Wifi hotspot to rejoin the internet, see if that happens again, it seems this solves for me.

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi CELIYATISO,

Can you let us know how's your TV after trying the steps suggested by wuyuankai?

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
ngeorgieff
Explorer

The Wifi workaround worked for 2 days and then my TV started rebooting again.

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

Update

So after few days observation, the reboot bug seems gone after the Wifi "treatment", however, I do notice abour 2-3 times it's cold boot when I turn the TV on (after a long period),  it means that the TV system was probably crashed already when it's in Standby mode, when I turn the TV on, it shows Android, Sony logo straightaway, means it wasn't in Sleep mode.