Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bdv-n5200w various problems

Aulty87
New

Sony bdv-n5200w various problems

Hi all

purchased via amazon the sony bdv-n5200w surround sound unit.

i brought it dec 2015 so now out of warranty and low and behold im now getting various problems.

The first problem, we use surround sound with normal tv programs. When we switch it on display will flash but it wont output any sound. So have to unplug and plug it back in and then will work until you turn it off again.

2nd problem, the disc tray. Sometimes you press the open tray button on the remote and the tray will open by about 1cm. Its as if something is trapped. Which there isnt. Then will shut. This happens a few times before eventually it will open.

3rd problem. Remote control. My old remote wouldnt stop a film or pause a film. I thought something had come away from remote inside as there was a rattle so decided to buy a new remote. But new remote wont pause or stop a film too

also to add to the above i did get a warranty repair done last year where new films wouldnt play. Ended up having a new pickup op replaced under warranty.

as you can imagine i brought this in good faith but now you type into googl the model number and one of the options is problem. So im obviously not the only one.

can the above be repaired under extended warranty?

stephen

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

@Aulty87 wrote:

can the above be repaired under extended warranty?

I am unsure if you have an extended warranty - if so, then yes.  But if not - no.

In regards to the first problem - have you tried using another HDMI cable, and then a factory reset of the unit?

In regards to the other two problems - it does seem that it requires a repair.  Sounds like this is a hardware issue.

Even though you purchased this in Dec 2015 - its a 2014 model.  However say that, this does not negate the fact that you have only had use of it for 15 months?  It does seem an awfully short time for these types of problems to occur.

Please reply back in regards to the extended warranty bit - and if you have any additional information, as I will escalated this to Sony support to see if they can assist further.

Cheers

Aulty87
New

I havent tried a different HDMI cable. Will have a look at this tonight as i do have a couple i can swap it with.

The warranty repair i had on it last year was done by a company called reginal repair centre in Birmingham UK.

Repair was carried out in Dec 16 around the 23rd

Would like to go down the route of extended warranty repair if this can happen. Let me know what further information you require

Stephen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have escalated this thread to Sony to see if they can resolve this satisfactory.  They should be in contact in the next day or two.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Aulty87

You have probably not received a response by Sony.  Unfortunately the system that links the forums (My Sony) to Sony's customer support is not working currently - hence they cannot find any details to contact you with.  Can you please send me a private message with either a phone number and/or email address for which I will pass onto Sony.

If you are not happy doing so, you will need to contact Sony via:
http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Cheers

dvdamd12FC
Explorer

I am haveing problems sent e-mail to sony no answer so phoned they said factory restore 2 weeks after same probiems unit will not always come on, stuck in tv mode,netflix no go(contact netflix they said problems with sony unit unplug and wait 1 min)

BLU-RAY will not always play amazon the same tv sound the same

sony answer reset and unplug every time

the unit is over 1 year old great system is great sond ect when working

advised sony to contact as i will seek advice (i will wait 2 weeks from 07/05/2017)

dvdamd12FC
Explorer

same here sony no heip

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @dvdamd12FC

If you are not getting any joy with Sony Support, please send me a private message with the case number that you 'should' have received from them and i'll see if I can chase this up for you.

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
ChrisSolna
Explorer

hassan870
New

I have the flashing light problem also. Did you ever get it resolved ??