Join now - be part of our community!

Which driver controls the FN key functions?

profile.country.en_GB.title
thather62
Visitor

Which driver controls the FN key functions?

Did a clean Re-install and now my FN key functions do not work which driver(s) do I need?

Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF/S

Cheers

Tags (3)
25 REPLIES 25

Thankyou for replying,

The model name is:
SVF1521G2EW
mikeymay
Explorer

I am having the same problem after a re-install.

I have tried a few solutions via the net but not seem to work and they seem to all be different.

My model is VPCF22M0E

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mikeymay and welcome.

Have you tried downloading and installing the original drivers from the support website for your model?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/VPCF22M0E/list#os1

You may have to install them all - but start with the Sony Notebook Utilities and Sony Shared Library for starters.

:wink:

chimbolito
Explorer

Hi, have the same issue. My FN key does not work on VPCSB190X US Modell. How do I fix this. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @chimbolito and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Have you suddenly just lost the the FN kety or have you done a recovery /  reinstall of Windows 7 64 bit?

Also do you have any yellow triangles showing in device manager?

Depending on your answers you could try installing the following drivers for your US Model:

Sony Notebook Utilities

Sony Shared Library

Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver

If you go to This page, and select the OS you are running in the drop down box you will see the full list of drivers for your notebook. :slight_smile:

SATYAM
New

WHICH DRIVER TO CONTROL BRIGHTNESS+fn KEYS like f5 f6 n f7 FUNCTION and from where i get this driver coz my f3 and f4+fn keys are working properly

SATYAM
New

and my system seriese is VPCEH26EN/W SONY VAIO LAPTOP

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi SATYAM,

This is a Sony India model and you will find support at the following link:

http://www.sony.co.in/support/product/vpceh26en

You will need to install the SFEP driver if this is shown as missing in Device Manager followed by Sony Shared Library and Notebook Utilities. This assumes that you are using the original Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Operating System.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
chimbolito
Explorer

Thanks jumpsuit

Sudden loss of the hability. No yellow triangles (bang) showing in device manager. When I press the key, it shows on the screen the transparent display and the bar is there, but can only turn on first bar or no bar. But it does not increase more than this single bar of progress.

chimbolito

vtzivaras
Explorer

Hi there, i have a similar problem with my sony vaio SVE1511D1EW laptop. I am trying to make brightness function keys work but i cant. Only the volume keys are working on my keyboard. What exactly must i download? I have download and installed SFEP driver as told above.

thank you