Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
wingston

Has anyone had a luck with this? 

Just out of interest, do any of you have the Sonos Beam?

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

I noticed today that the software available on the official Sony website is V6.6520. I am currently downloading and installing.

Maybe? Just maybe? This might solve the issues. I have my fingers crossed.

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

I do hope so, keep us informed!

still, it is far from good that Sony is treating us (me) like crap. They just keep me waiting and waiting and just don’t reply to questions and so.... 

mayby I’m just bitter over the whole thing but next TV isn’t gonna be a Sony or Android .

profile.country.GB.title
Nyc2k3
Explorer

Ugh same thing here too with my A8F. It takes forever to start up at times and mostly happens at the most inconvenient times. Sometimes have to wait 2-3 minutes to start the TV.

How on earth can Sony be able to ship a TV that takes this long to start up?!

profile.country.GB.title
Nyc2k3
Explorer

I have a sonos beam. Do you think that may have something to do with it?

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

This issue is affecting my 49 XF9005. Also have a beam connected along with Apple TV. Getting more concerned as this issue occurs almost daily now. Today the TV took over 6 attempts to actually boot up. Got to the first android logo and then it would crash. On around the 6th attempt to booted past the first logo and onto the animated android logo and started. 

profile.country.GB.title
Marco_Carboni
Explorer

I have the same problem. As was said before the only way of fixing it so far is to disconnect the Sonos. Any news with the latest update?

profile.country.GB.title
Nyc2k3
Explorer

I would rather Sony fix it or at least allow us to rollback  the update. It's frustrating every single time that it takes forever to start up. A premium TV should not take this long to turn on. 

I think we should keep asking Sony to look into this. It's not acceptable. 

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

So from what I see, this seem to be a common with people using ARC and a lot of those people have Beams but probably not limited to it.  However, it's really annoying because from what I can see this problem didn't exist before the update. 

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

I completely agree.  I was looking forward to having a higher end Sony TV after upgrading from my lower end Sony of 5 years and this has left me really disappointed.  It is very unlikely that Sony will be motivated to solve this by individual messages here but I am thinking of creating consolidated threads on here, Reddit and other forums maybe that will more of an effect or at least warn people from purchasing Sony TVs.