Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
gordallott
Explorer

this is *still* an issue, non of the fixes in this thread work

Robjduk
New

Sorry but nothing to add other than Wi-fi doesn't affect in, factory reset does nothing nor does changing power saving down to off.

so very poor and will not be touching Sony TVs again. Wonderful panel but awful software. I will look into downgrading the software. 

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

True, nothing seems to work.
Got the repair service at home and couldn’t do anything and left again. Got a email that said, you have to wait for Sony to update the software.

Emailed this to Sony but silence on the other end. If this is how the service of Sony is after you buy there product .... this rebooting is annoying as F@&€ and they say you just have to wait. Nobody is giving a date or something to focus on, no just wait. So Sony, insert finger of choice, go F yourself and your lousy aftermarket support for a screen that’s just over a year old!
profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Is there anyway to run with out the Android software?  Can I get access to the HDMI inputs?  I could then connect an Apple TV and ditch the Android software altogether

profile.country.US.title
scottvirus
Explorer

Recently my TV got the Oreo 8 update. Although the UI update looks great, this problem with the TV not staying in Standby is very annoying. I have performed all the fixes mentioned here including a factory reset, but the issue remains. If it goes into a long period of standby, it basically acts as if it's been turned off completely. This bug needs to be fixed soon.

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

Sony gives you the finger and says you just have to wait till they feel ready to fix it with an update or something. After a week they’re gonna send my dossier to the correct helpdesk  desk and have to wait again.... They say not to respond to the email because that will slow everything down... *****! 

Nice screen when service is needed they’re not home.

sorry for the bitterness

limaynard
New

I have (had) same issue. I enabled chromecast built in and it went away. I disabled it and it came back. I have now switched it on again (using a name that won't clash with my chromecast ultra and it seems to be working properly. More testing needed to see if this is a workaround. 

Did the Oreo update in Feb, didn't have any issues until a long term support incident forced me to do a reset of the TV (XE9005) a few days ago. After that, this issue started. Pretty annoying. Would be really nice if you could fix this, Sony.

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

Reset the TV, do not setup any google account and do not connect to the internet. Now you have a “dumb” TV but it isn’t rebooting anymore. Don’t expect anything from Sony. I’m still waiting for them to respond to my warranty claim. 

profile.country.GB.title
The3ngineer
Explorer

I have this issue on my KD-60XF8305  after the Oreo update. I have tried all the reboots, “fixes” blah blah but to no avail. What does solve it is disconnecting my Sonos Beam from the ARC connector then it behaves - not a very useful fix!!