Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

Nope, updating TV software has made no difference 😡 I had to switch of the TV at the mains to get it working this morning.

The issue is definitely related to eARC, as the TV works fine when my Denon soundbar is not connected.

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

No, I'm already on the latest software and I am experiencing the issue.  I am also fairly certain that it is an issue with ARC.  

profile.country.US.title
scottvirus
Explorer

I have the latest update, and no ARC device, and still face the issue. Don't think it is ARC related. But who knows, SONY not responding at all.

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

Ok now I am bamboozled. I really thought that would be the cause for it but maybe it isn't 

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

In my case, the only way to prevent the TV from rebooting is to totally disconnect from the internet whatsoever. Then you have a typically dumb TV but it’s not rebooting anymore.  So no chrome cast built in and apps etcetera. 

Sony helpdesk states that you have the wait for a update to come. They DON’T say it will fix this problem nor do they say the update is coming anytime soon. 

I told them that I want to file a complaint because you can’t leave us hanging waiting for a long time while 50% of the tv’s functionality is gone because they [edited by moderator to remove asterisked profanity]. Will hear back from them in about 2 days...

I totally understand that the “smart” functions in a TV set will die eventually but not after a couple of months to a year after the purchase.

profile.country.GB.title
Marco_Carboni
Explorer

Another problem with this bug is that sometimes after the system boot up the network  settings got list. 

It's really disappointing not have any support from Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

I unplugged my beam and the issue didn’t occur. Plugged back in and on power up the TV did a full reboot. I think it’s linked to the beam/arc. I think someone else posted here it happens with Denon amp plugged into arc

profile.country.US.title
scottvirus
Explorer

Hello everyone.

I previously stated that I did not have any ARC device, but had forgotten that I had a ChromeCast connected. I unplugged the device, and since then the issue has not occurred. The TV now goes to proper Standby and resumes from Standby without completely booting (ie, showing the Sony and Android logos).

So it looks like, unplug all Devices, and boot the TV, and if the after plugging the device back in and the issue comes back, remove the device.

profile.country.GB.title
Marco_Carboni
Explorer

It's 100% a ARC problem.

Is there any official reply from Sony or ETA for a fix?

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

I have been looking into the settings on the my TV,  and I have found that switching the 'Audio system prioritization' off (in the sound settings) has worked for me. 

My Sony XF90005 seems to be working fine with my Denon soundbar.

I have not had any issues for over a week 🤔