Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
Marco_Carboni
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

I updated to 6.6510 ages ago and then updated to 6.6520 and still having issues.  Anyone have any success returning the TV?  Currently trying to get Richer Sounds to take the return.

profile.country.GB.title
Nyc2k3
Explorer

Has this addressed it? Anyone tried it yet? 

profile.country.US.title
scottvirus
Explorer

Yes, the issue seems to be ARC connected devices. Please unplug them and reboot. Plug them back in and see the issue occurs again, if so, keep the device unplugged.

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

Sony told me the arc issue is fixed and all we have to do is wait voor the next update that’s coming in something over a month. Given the fact that I’m already over 2 months dealing with Sony and this issue and Sony just saying wait another month, I’m done. Last Sony product for me. Sony helpdesk is a load of horse crap. 

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

Let's hope it's true but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it is just a strategy to stop people from contact their support 

profile.country.GB.title
Marco_Carboni
Explorer

I agree with you, it looks they are just pretending it's fixed...

I reset the TV and as soon it stays in standby for a few hours the problem comes back.

No updates in months from sony.

I'm really disappointed.

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

Turn of Bravia sync and see what that does

profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Spoke to Sony Support as their workaround didn’t work...

They said they would send an engineer but then threatened me that, if it was not a hardware issue, I would be charged for the call out. 

Instead I am now going to call them every single day until it is fixed 

profile.country.GB.title
mdotrahman9

I've been having the same issue after updating as well. The TV was booting up almost every single time after leaving it in standby for a couple of hours most.

I've been tinkering with the settings and almost gave up before checking the network settings. Something was obviously crashing the TV whilst it was in standby.

*I turned off 'Remote start' under network settings and also disabled Network->Remote device settings->Control remotely*

I'm not sure if it's necessary to disable 'Control remotely' as I haven't tried leaving it on.

Since then I've not had the reboot issue or boot up after resuming from standby for well over a week and the uptime is currently 194 hours. Uptime can be checked under About->Status

Seems like there's some sort of bug with Remote start since the update which Sony has failed to spot. I hope someone from Sony sees this as Remote start is quite handy but I can live without.

Hope this helps you!