Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
masiv4
Explorer

I tried everything Sony said to do; factory reset, unplug all external devices etc..  and still had the problem.  Eventually they sent me a USB stick with their latest software on.  It totally changes the Homescreen after it loads.  I still had the same problem, and also some new ones, but it seems to have settled down after a few days, with just the occasional problem; it keeps dropping wi-fi signal even though I have a stable connection with over 20MB d/load and router is only 10 feet from the tv.  I've emailed them back 5 times to say that it is not a proper fix and that I wanted an engineer to get it working properly or I should have a replacement tv that works, but they have decided to start ignoring me since 7 days ago, when I said that.

I recommend asking them to send you the USB stick which I mentioned.  This might work for you as after a few days (don't ask me why) it settled down.

I wish I had used my credit card to purchase the tv as I would be looking at using Section 75 for a refund.  This might be an avenue to explore for anyone who did use a credit card for their purchase.  

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@masiv4 which problem did you have? If you have now a different Home Screen for sure you didn't have already Oreo installed yet....

In any case if you have now only wifi problems, that is really hard to investigate not being at your place, and your router is near (don't you use meters instead of feets nowdays in Uk too?) you may save a lot of trouble using a network cable

profile.country.GB.title
masiv4
Explorer

Same as here.  After an update TV started shutting off when turned on from standby and taking ages to restart and load Android and would sometimes cut out while watching a show and do the same. Perhaps you're right about the Homesrceen, but it did happen after some kind of update. In the video I start pressing the green ON buttton right at the beginning, so you can see how long the tv takes to even respond. Problems 

profile.country.GB.title
The3ngineer
Explorer

@mdotrahman9 a brilliant work around, thank you.

This is a long discussion forum so I’ll repeat and summarise for anyone coming directly to this page.

• After the Android TV oreo update some of us are experiencing crashing In standby so the TV does a complete boot sequence when you turn it on (delay; Sony logo; annoying coloured animation etc.)
  • I am seeing this on my XF8305 TV with a Sonos Beam. It worked fine before the Oreo update
  • This particular issue seems to be associated with the ARC HDMI connection - disconnect the ARC device (such as a sound bar) and the problem goes away.
  • @mdotrahman9 found a work around - under Network turn off Remote start and under Remote device settings turn off Control remotely

profile.country.GB.title
skapr-one
Explorer

Hi guys, I found this thread some weeks ago because I had a similar problem with my KD-55XF9005 with Android 8 (Oreo).

I have no soundbar and no HDMI devices, but my TV crashed at power-on (from stand-by) every now and then, after the update.

I solved my problem disabling an option under the settings of the DTT TV. I'm italian and my tv is in italian, so I'm not sure aboud the name of this option in english: it should be "Automatic service change" or "automatic service update", in the "Technical Settings" (or similar) sub-menu of "Digital (TV) Settings".

Hope this helps somebody.

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

Has this resolved for anyone with the latest Oreo update? Sony support replied to my case with the update as a resolution but the reboot from standby continues after reenabling remote start. Has anyone been able to fix this?

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

Did not work for me, its has reduced the amount of reboots but its still a problem.

Sony wants my receipt from the place I bought it from and think I will hear from them tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

Following on from this, (thank you for the info it has worked for me).

If you press home on your remote, then goto Channel setup/Digital setup/Guide setup/ and turn off 'update guide in standby' this should work. No more reboots when turning on from standby.

Just to be thorough, I also turned off Channel setup/Digital setup/Guide setup/Technical setup/Auto service update and service replacement.

profile.country.US.title
Conodihno

If you buy a tv, you shouldn’t have to turn off options to make it work properly.  That’s just wrong. 

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

I totally agree, but here we are 🧐😢